Loreto’s Marine Park 20th Year Celebration
The Bay of Loreto National Park celebrates its 20 years…
And the Park management administration, in partnership with Eco-Alianza, local organizations and businesses, are making an open invitation to all citizens to take part in various cultural, artistic, and educational activities, that will be taking place from the 19th to the 22nd of July, as the official celebration.
The 4 days celebration includes talks, documentaries and outdoor activities, such as snorkeling and kayaking among others; that will surely give an opportunity for many children to learn and appreciate more the natural environment.
This year, Eco-Alianza de Loreto started earlier, on the occasion to celebrate the Anniversary, by organizing Loreto’s 3rd. “Reciclatón”, a Recycling Marathon that it is basically a contest, where signed up teams will take their chance to collect as much recyclable plastic and paper, as they can, to win attractive prizes. So far, 30 active teams made of 5 people each, have collected more that 15 Tons of plastic and paper.
“Let’s together keep the plastic off the Gulf of California”
As part of the Park’s official 20th anniversary commemorative celebrations, Eco-Alianza and its CenCoMA headquarters invite you all to important presentations in Spanish on the evenings of Tuesday, July 19 and Thursday, July 21. – Even if your Spanish isn’t perfect, you will enjoy these FREE informative presentations:
July 19, 6:00 – 8:30 p.m.
- Park Director J. Alejandro González Leija on the Park’s achievements and challenges
- Francisco Fernández on Reefs and their importance, variety, monitoring, and requirements
- Kara Pellowe on Clams and their importance to our culture, economics, and future
July 21, 6:00 – 8:30 p.m.
- Alba Eritrea Gámez Vázquez on Tourism — conservation, opportunities, quality, and challenges
- Héctor Trinidad on Governance of fisheries and resources in the Park and our communities
- Victor M. Velázquez Solís on Reptiles — recognition, importance, societies, and tourism
Please watch Eco-Alianza’s Facebook page HERE, for details of more anniversary week activities.
Also published on Medium.